Monday, November 15, 2010

President's Message November 2010

Hi to All,

I had a great time in Houston. So many things to see and to touch and, heaven help me, to buy. The time just sped by me.

Speaking of time flying, my presidency is about to come to a close. It has been a wonderful time. You all have been so good to me, shown me many kindnesses, critiqued my ideas, and you have risen to the call for any and all tasks. The membership has made my two years as guild president so memorable.

As we get down to the end, I want to thank everyone. You have been so great as a group and as individuals. I shall never forget any of these wonderful times. However, I do intend to be a pair of willing hands for new president, Jo Paula and the new officers as they strive to make 2011 a bumper year filled with quilting plans, but I will so enjoy taking a breath and sitting down in the audience with the rest of my stitching sisters (and brothers.) 2011 will be another grand year for River City with classes and projects already on the calendar.

The last challenge of the year is here, the Circle Challenge, so get out your cameras and vote for some lucky, talented quilters to take home some prizes.

Again, our many thanks to Jo Doherty and Joni DeVilbiss and all the auction volunteers for such a wonderful evening last month. $2500 for Parker House - Jennifer Artigue will put it to good use.

So two more meetings and I am done.

Much love to you all and Happy Quilting,
Mary