Halloween, it's not just for kids. It's for grown-ups like me, who never loose sight of tricks and treats and dress-up fun, no matter what our age. There's always room in your tummy for more candy corn.
September was a great quilting month! We started with our guild meeting, then the retreat, and then the GSQA circuit teacher class. I hope you enjoyed the activities as much as I did! Our guild meetings are always so inspiring! Our retreat was just plain fun!!! And the GSQA class It was so wonderful to see the class filled with enthusiastic quilters!! River City Quilt Guild members are a wonderful and talented bunch of people!!!
This year's challenge will be just excellent with plenty of participation. And, lots of folks have signed up for the Christmas Present drawing and the handmade Pin Cushion drawing, too. (If you want to participate, see me.)
Remember that this month is THE auction!! Bring cash and your checkbooks!!!! It will be a great evening and don't forget to bring the treats.
Things to bring to the meeting:
- bring October birthday raffle gifts
- bring your Christmas lotto blocks, this is the deadline.
- bring your Halloween quilts to hang. And Halloween treats to eat.
- bring your regular show & tells, retreat, plus those from Judy Holley's NY Beauty II Class.
- F Q Lotto is ORANGE - like the Great Pumpkin (or Halloween-ish)
- Wear Your (fiber) Name Tag - your name is then entered in a drawing for a $10 gift certificate.
The Nominating Committee: Lilly Willis, JoPaula Lantier, Kathy Perevosnik., Beth Jessup, and Melanie West have compiled a slate of officers for 2010 to be announced at this meeting.