Selfish Round Robin Challenge
- You can join in the challenge at any time. So new members can also participate.
- Selfish Round Robin is like a regular round robin quilt, except each participant works on her own quilt. Starting date: March 2016. Ending date: October 2016
- There will be 5 borders or rounds. One per month for the first 3 months (March, April, May) and one every 2 months to complete the last 2 borders. Quilt must be finish to the top stage to compete in exhibit.
- Viewer's choice voting and prizes at the presentation meeting.
- A new set of directions shall be announced, then found on the blogspot and in the newsletter.
- Any questions or comments please contact Elena Acosta at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 985-640-7904
Center block: The center block can be a square or rectangle up to 20" on a size finished. There is no size limit besides this. There can be a border of plain fabric (no blocks) surrounding the center block.
- The borders should be between 3" and 6" wide.
- Each border should be made of the block unit given in that month's instructions.
- The unit or block can be the only block present in the border (no other blocks should be included).
- The units can be placed "on point" or on in any arrangement that is consistent with the previous rules.
- Blocks of plain fabric (no piecing) can be included.
- The shape of the blocks can be modified in any way as long as it can be recognized as the type of block asked for (examples: a rectangular 4 patch, an uneven nine patch, etc.).
- Modifications or additions to make the blocks look like something specific, like adding trunks or stems to make the blocks look like flowers or trees will be accepted. (Applique and embroidery)
- Your exhibit quilt top must have the minimum of all instructed borders. You may add more borders and finish/quilt as you wish.