Friday, March 5, 2010

President's Message March 2010

Hi all!

How can March be here so soon? Didn't January just end? And GSQA Seminar is just around the corner. I hope many of you are taking advantage of the wonderful classes and lectures this year. We are so fortunate that it is right here in Baton Rouge.

I hope you all enjoyed Melanie's Life In Quilts at our February meeting. I just loved it and felt so inspired! I think I would like to be adopted into her family so I would stand a chance at receiving a quilt from her! I also thought that her idea of walking one mile on the treadmill or maybe it was ten miles before you could buy a yard of fabric was inspirational. If I had always done that you might not even be able to see me, I would be so skinny!

I know we are all looking forward to hearing about the theme choice of 2011 Ultimate Guild Challenge at this meeting. Our "Para Challenge" was wonderful and so well interpreted ! And for the guild entry to make it into the AQS show – a dream come true.

There are so many interesting and fun activities this year in our guild. It will be fun to watch as Glenda's mystery quilt unfolds as well as see what quilts will materialize from our Batik Swap. It is a true pleasure to see the results of your wonderful creativity and workmanship in your quilts.

Again, I would like to thank everyone who has volunteered their time and effort for our guild. River City Quilt Guild would not be what it is without you! Thanks!

Happy Quilting!!

Mary