We are truly blessed to have so many talented quilt makers and designers among our membership. They have created quilting patterns and fabric lines that peak the interest of wholesalers. Some of them are at Houston Market right now to hawk their wares to shops all over the USA.
With Houston's close proximity to BR, most of us who wish to can attend this magnificent learning opportunity. There is a multitude of quilts to see of every type: traditional, contemporary, and new age. I did not forget the retail opportunities, either, the amount of merchandise makes you dizzy.
We are all connected by our friendships and associations. We see our friends from GSQA, sister guilds, teachers, quilt royalty, and some special friends we only see at the show. We renew old acquaintances and strike up new ones.
We are lucky to have the meeting date, Nov. 7th, fall after the Houston Show. We will have plenty to discuss at the meeting: the Mystery Quilt Exhibit with prizes, the Christmas party plans for Dec. 5th, and Guild T-Shirt orders. I want to see all your Houston BLING.....
Looking forward to seeing your Houston Finds! Ready for Christmas??
The Bring list
- Last Call - return Christmas Lotto Blocks- (Stars or Ho-Ho blocks) to Tommie & Karen Perron
- bring Fat Quarters for a F.Q. Lotto drawing: Christmas Reds & Greens - see Jackie Wood
- bring & wear your Fiber Name Tag: Sign in. You could win a special prize from the grab bag.
- bring your Diamond Quilts from Michael Young's Quilt Class for Show & Tell.
- bring Houston Show & Tell - Did you see any teacher prospects?? GSQA meeting?
- bring $$ for T-shirt orders.