While attending the GSQA show this past week, I saw many people inspired by the quilts and quilters around them. Between trips to shows and seminars, most of us find daily inspiration through media, whether it be in literary or digital formats.
Among my internet bookmarks is a folder for Quilting/blogs and Quilting/design resources. For those of you who do not follow the musings of other quilters and gaze upon galleries of wonderful quilts in cyberspace, imagine a magazine you can put together page by page. It’s another resource for inspiration available through technology that I use to make Modern quilts or copies of antique ones.
Links to websites and blogs owned by River City members--will soon be available on our website!! With so little time at the meetings to talk, the Internet can be a starting point to become acquainted with what we each do in quilting. It will also be a great way for me to "shop locally" whenever possible. Please send requests for inclusion in this venture to Joni. Her email address is in the header above.
Our program for April will be a trunk show presented by Judy Niemeyer. I know you are so excited to finally have her here, me too. For Show and Tell, let's feature quilts we've made using paper foundation piecing, even if it's not from a Judy Niemeyer pattern.
Activities for the April 3rd meeting will include a potluck salad supper at 5:30 (please attend if you can) and Month Two of the Mystery Quilt challenge. The Nine Patch Lotto blocks are due, and one or two lucky winners will receive these beautiful floral-themed blocks.
As always, I'd love to hear your suggestions-think about, "River City begins with Me."
See you soon,
Remember - Salad Supper with Judy - starts at 5:30 p.m. Come early, bring any type of salad. Meet and eat with our special guest.
The Bring list
- bring your Lotto Block -Split 9-Patch due now. See Jackie Wood and Julie Shanks
- bring & wear your Fiber Name Tag: You could win $10 !!
- bring items and monies for the Birthday Table. see Mary Ruth Fowler
- bring 1 or 2 fabrics for Fat Quarter Drawing - Color is White or Sparkles (you interpret), April's birthstone is Diamonds - that are a Girl's best friend, so you decide.
- bring lots of Show & Tell - got any Judy Niemeyer quilts? Bring paper-pieced quilts, too
- bring your $1 for Mystery Quilt if you wish to join. see Glen Parks. And Remember, Glenda cannot e-mail directions to you (as per the request of the quilt designer), so if you wish to play but cannot attend, you need to speak with her, (h) 753-8248 (c) 252-1100 (e) firstname.lastname@example.org
- did you have a quilt in the GSQA Show?? tell us about it, wear your ribbon and show us your quilt!!