National teacher, Karen Combs, will be joining us on July 10th for a lecture, and classes focusing on taking traditional, intricately pieced blocks and updating the process with the tools and knowledge available to us today. Gaye has organized three classes; contact her directly for details.
For those of you in the mind set of taking even smaller pieces of fabrics (including those we glean from other quilters' trash cans!) and putting them into gorgeous scrappy quilts, check out our newly forming Bonnie Hunter Fan Club. The first meeting will be at the Saturday Sew In. Please note that for July only, the Sew-In will meet on the third Saturday (July 19th).
As always, I'd love to hear your suggestions think "River City begins with me."
See you soon,
the Bring list
- finished Christmas Blocks. $2/kit to participate in the Christmas Lotto (3 different blocks)
- balance due for Aug. 23-26 retreat Judson Retreat Center near St. Francisville.
- 5 inch squares for a Community Sew Day on Aug 9. The quilt blocks consist of 3 brights and one juvenile fabric. Bring as many squares as you like. See Connie Ewbank
- items and monies for the Birthday Table.
- 1 or 2 fabrics for Fat Quarter Drawing - in July is Ruby-Red.
- Fiber Name Tag: You could win $10 !!
- Show & Tell - and Karen Combs quilts