Our February program is the Single Block Challenge and it will be rather exciting. We, as quilters, have so many avenues of quilt expression through the color choices and values we use, or the size and setting of blocks, or the sashing and border choices we make. A quilt can be a mini-adventure in itself. Let's see what you have done. We will have viewer's choice and ribbons. Also, when you talk about your quilt - please explain some of the creative processes you went through to "get to this quilt top."
I am really excited about the Feb. 6th, Quilts of Valor Sew Day in St. Gabriel. I hope that as many of you that can attend will do so. The Giving Quilt group has made all the arrangements for kits and refreshments. Lunch is being provided for the participants. It will be a grand day of community service. I am so proud of the Baton Rouge Quilt Community and all our sisters in stitches throughout the region. Your volunteerism is extraordinary. Cottage Creations and the mayor's office have worked together in the planning and hosting. Ya'll come to sew and to share. Details are in the newsletter.
My thanks to Margie Bumm for her inspiring lecture in January on "One-A-Month," a simple plan with focus to finish at least one UFO project per month. She did sew much more than that. And, remember that Suzanne Elliott is taking the names of participants in the 2016 UFO Challenge. Guidelines are in the newsletter. Due in August.
SEW, dear ones, be inspired,……LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH, AND MOST OF ALL, QUILT.
The Bring List
- bring your membership application and check for $20 to Bebe Tulley. Fill in comments for Elena.
- bring your hibiscus from the Melinda Bula Workshop. How did you do?
- bring all that Show & Tell from Retreat and whatever you are working on right now.
- bring items and monies for the Birthday Table Extravaganza.
- bring your Beginning Block for your "Selfie Round Robin"
- bring up to 4 FQ's - Purple, Green, or Purple & Green prints
- bring & wear your Fiber Name Tag: You could win $20 !!