So much has happened since last we spoke:
- The Remember Me Fall Arts Jubilee was a big success.
- The Selfish Round Robin had wonderful participation and stunning winners.
- Paula Toups provided pillows and pillowcases for those members affected by flood. (We thank you.)
- Judy Momenzadah won a Ribbon (Honorable Mention) in the digital imagery for Pirates' Alley and had a second entry, St. Gabriel. Congratulations on Judy on her win.
- Connie Ewbank had her booth open with patterns to sell.
- The UPS trucks will be arriving soon with new fabric orders to see and quilt.
- Local quilter, Lynne Reamy had an entry in the Lion King exhibit.
- The 20 foot alligator quilt (saltwater crocodile according to its maker, Susan Carlson of Maine.) was the talk of the show. She spent several years creating this marvel of piecing and applique techniques. You can see a time-lapse video of its evolution on You-Tube.
- Now, Let's see your glorious finds from Houston. Did you see any interesting classes for the future??
- There was an example of BRODERIE PERSE quilting on display in the exhibit that dated back to 1850. The chintz fabrics (called polished cotton when I was a child) were as beautiful and brilliant as the day it was quilted. It was expertly preserved and continues to be a stunning textile 166 years later.
On a sad note, quilter and embroiderer, Janet Stevens, died suddenly last week. Our condolences to her family and friends. She was a member of River City and Remember Me guilds.
There will be Quilts of Valor presentations at the November meeting. Bring tissues.
Our Christmas Party plans are made. Bring 5 inch squares, wear fancy sweaters, and eat Pot Luck Dinner (just bring whatever you like, no sign-up list this time) and it is just 2 weeks until Thanksgiving. Time flies when you are having fun.
SEW, dear ones, be inspired, as I am by your creativity and drive,
……LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH, AND MOST OF ALL, QUILT.
☆ the Bring list--
- bring Show & Tell. your regular Show/Tell and your Houston finds
- bring items and monies for the Birthday Table Extravaganza.
- bring for Fat Quarter Drawing - "Neutrals - Creme, Sand, Gray, Off-White, White and Black" (up to 4 Fat Quarters)
- bring & wear your Fiber Name Tag: You could win $20 !!