Tuesday, June 2, 2009

President's Message Jun 2009

Hi everyone!

As I was getting ready to write the newsletter, I went to our website‑‑I just wanted to marvel over it one more time! The quilts in the monthly show and tell section are simply amazing‑‑all created by our members! We have such a talented and creative group of members! Every month I leave the meeting filled with inspiration and the desire to create!

I hope everyone enjoyed Lynn Roddy Brown's lecture and class as much as I did! I learned a lot and will hopefully put what I learned in my quilts! We were so fortunate to have her visit and teach! Maybe this will be the start of a new tradition for River City.

Our sharing of quilts each meeting continues. We hope that LOTS of you will bring your memento quilts to share: wedding, anniversary, or special occasion quilts! We would love to see them all!! I am really looking forward to what I will see at this month's meeting!

Happy Quilting!
Mary

  • Tonight – Very Special Quilts – made for special occasions - Weddings, anniversaries, memory quilts, hand‑made mementos like ring bearer pillows, garters, gifts for the bride, groom, or parents of the bride, and any other sentimental items....AND a program on memory blocks and label making.

    Things to bring to the meeting:

  • bring the June birthday raffle gift - see Barbara Hoffman

  • bring finds & tells about the Mama's Big Bus Tour

  • bring Memento quilts to decorate the room and tell us about the occasion at Show & tell.

  • bring your regular show & tells, plus Lynn Roddy Brown Scrap Quilt Workshop projects.

  • F Q Lotto "Antique White" -a little something (new) for a Bride to Be. Any white-on-white or creme-on-white fabrics that would go great in a newly-wed memento. 2 entries are the max.

  • Wear Your (fiber) Name Tag - your name is then entered in a drawing for a $10 gift certificate.