Summer is just a flying by and it is way too hot to be outside! So I think we should stay cool and calm and stay inside and quilt! Maybe this could be considered a mental health prescription. You know, quilting for medicinal purposes..... I am surely looking forward to your reports from the Knoxville show. I am just so proud that our guild work was selected. I just cannot say it enough.
Janet Cundiff has developed a power-point presentation on color for us this month that is just spectacular. She demonstrates color on a grand scale and shows how we use color in quilting and in other ways in our lives without really being aware of it and how it affects us.
Our many thanks again, to Joyce LeFleur. Her "life in quilts" was beautiful beyond description and so inspirational! I am sure we all left the meeting determined to do great things! I couldn't believe how many quilts she had to share with us.
Thanks for the many ways you all support the guild and each other! Happy quilting! Mary
Things to Bring
Donations for the auction
For the Meeting Topic
- a gallon Ziploc bag of small scraps of all different colors
- glue stick
- color tools that you have or use (or CAN'T use)
- "What is Your Process?" - share your personal thoughts on how you choose color schemes for quilts
- Share your quilts (and tools) where you used a color tool to develop a quilt's color palette. Any questions? Call Janet at 769‑0973.
Your money for :
- Judy Holley class on 9/12, 2 class spots available. GSQA member =$20, non-members =$30
- Christmas lotto, $2.50/packet [3 chances if you bring your completed block this month]
- Labor Day Weekend Retreat, pay balance now.