Back by popular demand – hands-on demonstrations. Flying Geese is the method this month. Six volunteers shall share their secrets on how to make Flying Geese blocks - a quick and easy "Scrap Challenge" technique, if you are so inclined. Thanks to Linda Wiggins, Margie Bumm, Cynthia McGee, Suzanne Elliott and myself, who will assist the members with numerous rulers and cutting methods that make "Flying Geese - A Breeze."
I am hearing all kinds of good things about "works in progress" and some, dare I say – "finished challenge quilts"!! This year's challenge will be just excellent with plenty of participation.
I shall be at the church early (6:00-6:15ish)to set up tables for sewing stations and sewing machines. Bring an extension cord, just in case. Please come early if you can, to help set-up.
Thanks to Janet Cundiff for a fabulous color presentation last month! And next month is Halloween!
Come early, socialize, get seated, and be ready to start the meeting on time at 6:45pm
Wear Your (fiber) Name Tag - your name is then entered in a drawing for a $10 gift certificate.
This month's program – Flocks of GEESE Are Flying All Over
Other Things to bring to the meeting:
- September birthday raffle gifts
- Completed Christmas Lotto Blocks earn you 2 chances if you bring them back this month
- DONATION items and baskets for the auction - last chance!
- Kids and Juvenile quilts to hang
- Regular Show & Tell items
- F Q Lotto "Kid Stuff" - pink, blue, or juvenile prints of all kinds, novelty prints
- Bring your money for:
- Judy Holley class on 9/12, GSQA member =$20, non-members =$30
- Christmas lotto, $2.50/packet, Last chance to purchase, deadline for completed blocks is October meeting.
Nomination Committee: 3 appointees and 1 standing officer, other that the president
Your Labor Day Weekend Retreat - begins on Friday, Sept. 4th.