Mary Woltmann, president, welcome, 48 members, 4 guests, Grace Broussard is the mother of JoPaula Lantier. Jennifer Artigue of Parker House came to accept this year's auction donation of $2000 +.
- introduction of guests- Joyce Perry said grace. Dinner.
- Thank you's to all who contributed to the party.
- Lilly Willis had a questionnaire on Christmas topics, a get-to-know other members ice-breaker.
- Name tag winner: Mary Wolf.
- Treasurer's report. Norma Payne made a motion to "tithe" 10% of the guild funds to the church for use of the facilities, so the donation was $350. Elaine Gosslin seconded the motion.
- Kathy Perovosnik recommended to ask the church about boosting the amount of parking lot lighting.
- Saturday Sew In– Dec. 12th 9 to 3. Board meeting at Goodwood Library Dec. 6th.
- Retreat news
- Continue UFO Challenge
- Bus charter for extended trip
- Play Quilto-Bingo
- Baby Loc workshop (new machine technique that looks like quilting)
- Another workshop/lecture like Helen Roddy Brown
UFO Challenge results (Suzanne Elliott) - of the 432 commitments, 129 were completed, or 30%. Cash Prize awarded to Janet Cundiff, who finished 11.
Drawing for fat quarter prizes: Mary Wolf, Mary Woltmann, Nina Delaune, Debbie Huelett, Glenda Parks, Ginger Givens, Beth Jessup, Lilly Willis, Kathy Perovosnik, and Joyce Perry
Pin cushion & wrapped gift exchanges
Christmas Challenge drawings/winners (6 quilts and 1 table runner):
- Beth - star quilt
- Tommie Morden - trees & stars w/ sawtooth border
- Mary Woltmann - trees
- Barbara Lankford - stars
- Kathy Perovosnik - trees w/ red sashes.
- Lorraine Moore - trees & stars in "X" pattern w/ red/green border.
- Karen Perron - table runner.
- Beth Jessup- Christmas stocking to give away, monogrammed "Shannon" to Karol Guidry
- Alice Fredlund - "Super Chicken" - a super-sized pin cushion
- Jo Paula Lantier crazy quilt
- Marilyn Halvorsen - blue quilt, Christmas tree skirt
- Maureen Miller - Laurel Burch quilt
- Marlene Lewis - redwork Christmas wall hanging (3)
- Kathy Perovosnik - finished niece's penguin quilt Mary Woltmann - presents gifts to officers. Mary receives blocks from the membership.