March has been a beautiful month at my house - flowers, birds, and nice weather. As my mother used to say, "Spring is not really here until we have gotten our hands in the dirt and planted something." This year we have planted 4 tomatoes and another satsuma tree. The first one died-- when it decided to get cold and snow.
We had a great time at the retreat. There are several "show and tell" projects from that weekend.
Back at home, I have been sewing on my first pillowcase dresses for Geneva and Kaitlyn. No need to go to a fabric store to make little dresses when "Grammy" has a room full of fabric!
Fabric? Yes, I've been to the new JoAnns. It is really nice with many sewing/quilting notions I cannot always find at Hancock's or area quilt shops and -- love those coupons. I'm also looking forward to the new quilt shop to open next month. The meeting next week will be great. The front wall should be beautifully covered with the small AAQI quilts. I'm very proud of Sherry and all the others who have helped to support such a worthwhile charity. Also at our meeting we will learn how to really clean our sewing machine(s). I know I use mine so much, I want to do what I can to keep them running well for the rest of my life.
Got to go -- hope to see you. Cynthia
the Bring list
- bring your - AAQI- quilts
- bring Fat Quarters for F.Q. Lotto - Pinkish Purple - is the color of Alzheimer Ribbons Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Ribbons
- bring/wear your Fiber Name Tag: Sign in. You could win a $10 gift certificate or $10 cash.
- bring your Show and Tell to share with the members
- bring $$ for new lotto blocks