September is almost here and where have the days gone?! The kids are back in school, which makes me think about quilting school: HOUSTON!!! I hope that many of you will be attending as the quilt exhibits sound fabulous and so do the classes!! I plan on taking three half-day classes…. a little bit of this and a little bit of that. Hope to see you there!
Our September meeting will be outstanding! There will be a class update and an opportunity to choose classes. PLEASE read your newsletter as there are several items related to quilt classes that YOU need to know about. By reading the newsletter before the meeting you will be “in the know”. The guild will be approving guidelines for the pricing of quilt classes that will benefit all members and your input is needed.
We will all have a fun time making auction baskets/containers of all kinds! Please bring your fabric marked with yardage, containers, notions, books and magazines. If you have enough at home to make up a basket before the meeting, please do so, and bring it September 5th. This will be such a fun activity!
Looking forward to seeing all of you and ….. keep quilting!
Barbara Lankford, President
The Bring List
- bring you guessed it BRING YOUR OWN FABRIC (please mark length and attach with safety pin), notions, books and magazines, and baskets and containers for the auction.
- bring/return Christmas Lotto Blocks- (Stars and Ho-Ho blocks) Tommie & Karen Perron
- bring & wear your Fiber Name Tag: Sign in. You could win a special prize from the grab bag.
- bring fat quarters for the baskets NOT for Fat Quarter Lotto
- bring your $25 to sign up for Michael Young's Big Diamond Quilt Class. Details in the Calendar.
- bring your stuffed bears for Oklahoma people.