How can it feel like Springtime? Weren't we just dealing with some wintry precipitation?
My sincere thanks go out to everyone who brought their beautiful hand-quilted treasures to share at our January meeting. The workmanship and artistry was inspirational. I know everyone enjoyed and appreciated the opportunity to see the quilt jewels. Thank you, again, for giving us such a great start to our new year.
I know we are all looking forward to our February program. It will be a trunk show of Melanie West - A Life in Quilts. This collection is not to be missed! Melanie has won many awards, fulfilled commissions, and transformed simple fiber and thread into magnificent works of art. Not only is it a rare view of her numerous beautiful quilts, but it is a true inspiration to all of us.
Are you working on your UFO challenge list? Have you thought about what kind of community service quilt you would like to make? And don't forget that the announcements for our challenges will be made ASAP.
We have lots of great opportunities this year! Don't miss out!!
Stuff to Bring:
- your membership application (filled in) along with your check (made out to River City) or cash, ($15). You have until the end of March, then the membership list will be culled.
- February birthday raffle gifts.
- Your show & tells. We'd sure love to see those UFOs as you finish them.
- Fat Quarter Lotto, "Purple, Gold, & Green" for a Happy Mardi Gras. Max. of 2 entries.
- Juvenile/baby fabrics and 2.5 inch strips, for use in community service quilts. Norma Payne collects at every meeting.
- a friend, a prospective member, a relative.
- auction donations, Jo Doherty will have a collection box for the Fall auction.
- your (fiber) Name Tag - your name is then entered in a drawing for a $10 gift certificate