This month has been so busy for me with family issues, I have not had as much time to sew/quilt as I would like. Things are settling down, though. At the retreat (8/31- 9/2) I plan to "catch up" and sew like a maniac!
(P. S. - Jessica is now over the kitchen at the retreat center. Yeah!! Retreat details in the newsletter.)
Last meeting was really great. Our many thanks to Kathy Brown, Ellen Baldrige, and Debbie Hulett for last month's demonstrations. They were most informative and added to our arsenal of quilting techniques. Their tips were wonderful. Thank you all again for doing the program for us in July.
August will also be great as Becky Stringer shares a bit of quilt history with us, as well as the participants in the Paint Chip Challenge . Many quilts will hang for our enjoyment. Our First & Favorites will be Karen Perron and Suzi Montague. Thanks ladies for sharing your quilt journey with us.
I'm getting ready for the GSQA meeting on Saturday and the "Brown" classes this week were great as usual. Hope many of you can join us.
Our local quilting community never ceases to amaze me with its talents, enthusiasm, and generosity. I'm very proud to be a part of such folks. I joined The Giving Quilt last month, but forgot when they meet! Not to worry I'm still working on my challenge piece and it should be ready in a month or so. I also plan to look up the requirements for the Quilts of Valor and make another one of those. Those ladies inspire me to finish projects, which I have a bit of a problem doing. Just ask my family!
See you next week, if not sooner,
The Bring List
- Complete to the top Paint Chip Challenge Quilts
- Completed Christmas Lotto blocks - get 3 chances to win if you turn them in this meeting
- $$$ for more Christmas Lotto blocks - see Elena Acosta and committee members
- Fat Quarters for F.Q. Lotto - Fall Color Batiks - Rust, Brick, Orange, Gold, or Brown
- Items to donate to the Auction - baskets, etc., see Jackie Wood and Maureen Miller
- Fiber Name Tags: Sign in. You could win a $10 gift certificate or $10 cash.
- Show & Tell to share with the membership
- Quilts from "The Brown Classes" at GSQA
- Return the bags of scraps that you ironed/strip cut for Wasted Women
- Quilt in a Box - bring the one you have to trade for the ones you don't