I am already looking forward to the year ahead of us. 2010 will be teeming with new and interesting things to do. The January program will be a trunk show of Melanie West - a Life in Quilts. This collection is not to be missed! Melanie has won many awards, fulfilled commissions, and transformed simple fiber and thread into magnificent works of art. Not only is it a rare view of her numerous beautiful quilts, but it is a true inspiration to all of us.
Our guild has lots of exciting programs, challenges, and events to talk about in January. We will be competing in the UFO Challenge, again. I think it helped many of us to finish quite a few projects that got moved to the back burner. I wish I could say that all of mine were finished, but... maybe this year!
The birthday raffle will also continue. Maybe, we should issue a challenge --- which birthday month rules??? Which month makes the most $$$? And, we don't want to forget our fiber name tags! Remember that one lucky person could win a $10 gift certificate each and every month just for wearing their fiber name tag! There is lots more fun and excitement happening in River City in 2010!
In closing, I want to thank everyone for my WONDERFUL blocks! I love them so. They are the perfect color and pattern for me! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! My many thanks to everyone who helped with the Christmas party. It was a great event! My thanks to everyone who worked so hard last year. Brace yourself for a new year with great achievements yet to come.
Items to bring:
- your filled-out membership application and cash or check (made out to River City) to turn in to Beth Jessup. A new membership application is found at the end of the newsletter. Fill in your ideas and quilt ambitions.
- January birthday raffle gifts.
- show & tells. Quilt-like gifts? What did you buy with your Christmas cash??
- Fat Quarter Lotto, "Dark Blue or Black," for the dark nights of wintertime. Max. of 2 entries.
- juvenile/baby/youth fabric donations for charity quilts. Also fat quarters, yardage you will never use in 100 years, or any leftover 2.5 inch strips that you will not be using. Norma Payne will have a collection box at every meeting.
- a friend, a prospective member, or a relative.
- auction donations, Jo Doherty will have a box there for anyone who is cleaning out and straightening their stash (sewing room) and wants to donate items for the Fall auction.
- your (fiber) Name Tag - your name is then entered in a drawing for a $10 gift certificate.
- a list of UFOs - it's time to start your UFO list. Suzanne Elliott will explain the guidelines