I have designed my QOV Challenge by taking a familiar pattern and adding additional piecing to the half-square triangle unit. I'm very pleased with the complexity of color and texture. It really adds to the overall design. My next step is to apply the same perspective to a UFO project to make it interesting to me once again.
The May meeting program will be "Your Special Show and Tell." Please bring that quilting tool or "toy" that you cannot live without; it is used everywhere in your sewing. And what is that Go-To pattern when you have to make a gift in a hurry, baby shower or wedding gift?? Share what you like to make. Gaye Smith will present the next River City Guild Challenge.
The May meeting will be on the 14th, due to the church's use of the space for the Mother's Day luncheon. And if you haven't yet shared a suggestion regarding use of the education funds set aside for 2014 and 2015 following my email of April 17th, please put it in the box on our secretary Francie's table.
As always, I'd love to hear your suggestions-think "River City begins with me."
See you soon,
(sorry - I will be at my son's graduation/commencement on meeting night)
the Bring list----
- bring your favorite quilt gadget/toy - what makes your sewing easier??
- bring your favorite quilt gift pattern
- bring your Vanishing Squares Lotto block
- bring your Show and Tell
- bring Fat Quarters for F.Q. Lotto drawing - Oriental Prints
- bring 2-1/2 inch strips of purple or gold fabric for the Community Sew Day - (no LSU fabric)
- wear your Fiber Name Tag: Sign in.
- if May is your birthday month, bring an item for the Birthday Table
- bring/share your ideas on use of the guild education funds - Francie has note cards