I am sending my best wishes to all of you from Paducah, Kentucky, the home of AQS, the American Quilter's Society, and the National Quilt Museum. I wish you could be here to share in the experience. You should try to come for quilt week at least once in your lifetime. The area is bustling with quilters of every stripe. Fun, food, fabric, and friends – the 4 F''s.
Congratulations, again, to Melanie West for her AQS Judges Recognition Award from quilt judge, Karen Kay Buckley. Moondance is a fine Asian-themed piece of original work. Melanie will share some of its critique with us.
There are quite a few guild members who went and we will have items for Show & Tell. The program will be "Around the Quilt Top - Techniques to Miter, Border, and Bind." Some folks say that once the top is made the quilt is finished. We are going to go all the way to the "Finish Line." Make it ready to throw on the bed.
A reminder that this meeting on April 29th takes the place of our May meeting.
Loved every minute of it; now I am ready to get home.
What to bring:
- Floral quilts to hang during the meeting
- your Paducah purchases and tells
- May birthday raffle gifts
- your regular show & tells
- Fat Quarter Lotto - Aquamarine/turquoise. Max. of 2 entries
- Wear Your (fiber) Name Tag - enter in a drawing for a $10 gift certificate.