Thursday, April 7, 2011

President's Message April 2011


Dear River City Quilters:

Wow, I'm so pumped after attending the GSQA class I won last December. Gyleen Fitzgerald was a great teacher and I'm loving the look of this Pineapple Quilt with my Kaffe Fassett scraps. Ten blocks made, twenty blocks to go. Finally, a scrap quilt!

We have a fun-filled meeting on Thursday, April 7. Judy LaQuidara will be lecturing in preparation for her workshops on Friday and Saturday. If you haven't signed up, there are a couple of openings left. Call Beth Jessup for details.

Be cleaning out your sewing room for qBay and Birthday Table items. River City will use the May meeting proceeds to raise funds to have an extra donation to St. Paul's Lutheran Church. We will use the proceeds from qBay and Birthday Club Table to make a love offering for allowing us the use of the Fellowship Hall.

I'm keeping it short this month so I can find time to get more blocks done so I'll have something for Show and Tell in April.

Until then, keep on quilting!
Jo Paula

Bring list:
  • items for the Birthday Table and qBay
  • Solids Fabric Exchange
  • Spring/Pastel quilts to hang
  • Easter Egg Pastel Fat Quarters (pink, blue, purple, yellow, green)
  • YELP pet quilts
  • Items for Show and Tell
  • Figer Name Tags