Monday, April 1, 2013
President's Message - April 2013
Dear Guild Members,
I hope you all had a Happy Easter holiday with family and friends.
And once again, congratulations to the winners of The Giving Quilt Fabric Challenge. You all did a wonderful job. The quilts showed great expression, imagination, and style. That "Parade of Quilts" we viewed in March was just stunning. These labors of love shall warm the hearts and brighten the days of those who receive them. Thanks to Sherry and Noreen for all their enthusiasm and inspiration.
What a great month we have ahead of us in April! At this month's meeting, the Annual Guild Challenge will be presented. Start revving up your creative juices! There will also be more lotto blocks to buy ($2), Mystery Quilt, and another installment of your "UFO projects" during Show and Tell.
Our program will be a demonstration of a specialty ruler to make your quilting projects easier. Sounds like fun to me!
This coming Saturday, April 6th also brings us the much anticipated Giving Quilt Show. Kudos to Candy Bergeron and her group of organizers for presenting this great quilt event. And many thanks to you, the River City Quilt Guild members, who have offered your time, talent, and donations to make this exhibit like no other - all quilts are for non-profit donation. Please plan to attend this one-day festival and vote for your favorite!
Finally I am looking forward to some warm spring weather, planting in my flower beds, and finding creative inspiration in the colors of nature and a bounty of new blossoms in my backyard.
Also looking forward to seeing all of you this Thursday!
Keep quilting! Barbara
THE BRING LIST:
- Raffle tickets are $1 for Debby Saucier Cancer Fund
- Raffle tickets are $1 for the GQ Blue Willow opportunity quilt
- finished Lotto Block, Strings on Foundation, and purchase more kits at $2/kit (Drawing is in May.)
- Fat Quarters - Circles
- Fiber Name Tag
- Show & Tell - with another installment of UFO's in progress. Plus your regular stuff!!
- Your favorite pair of scissors. Explain why you like them so much? Ergonomics?? Techniques/Projects?? or admit it - You just had to have them......