I met with seven Parker House kids last month when Kids Draw for Kids delivered their quilted bed-runners which were pieced from their sea life drawings. This was the final session following the event of stuffing their own teddy bears and selecting a pillowcase from the ones the guild members put together from Patti Jarreau's donated kits. They truly enjoyed those hands on activities and were pleased to see their artwork turned into something very permanent and attractive.
On meeting night the fellowship hall will be open early for Auction set-up, so bring your completed baskets, fabric yardage donations, and books/patterns as early as 5:45 p.m. If you have questions regarding the auction, please contact committee chair, Barbara Lankford. (h) 272 0421 (c) 235 3203 (e) firstname.lastname@example.org
While the Auction committee auditors are tallying your bid sheets, we will play Quilto-Bingo for quilting notions.
As always, I'd love to hear your suggestions - think "River City begins with me."
See you soon, Renee
- bring Baskets full of Quilt/Fun things to Auction.
- bring $$$$$$ and sign your name on the Silent Auction lists.
- bring $$$ for a new Christmas Lotto Block, return finished blocks for 2 chances.
- Lotto Christmas blocks 4 styles (Gingerbread man applique, Pinwheels, Shoo Fly, 8 pointed Star). Turn in to Jackie Wood.
- NO Birthday table
- NO Fat Quarter
- NO Name Tag drawing
- Sept./Oct. birthdays will be next month.