Happy New Year to ALL! WOW, 2016 is here and what a wonderful year for quilting. We have one whole EXTRA day to have a quilting experience - yes, this is a "leap year" with 366 days.
I would like to say thank you to all the members of River City Quilt Guild for allowing me to be your President. I consider it an honor and a pleasure to be able to lead our guild programs, projects, and activities to fruition. We will GET INSPIRED, BE INSPIRED, and hopefully INSPIRE others to be "sew" into quilting.
Our January program is being presented by one of our members who undertook a personal challenge, made it into an opportunity, and was "inspired" to make quilts. See her amazing work this Thursday.
She will INSPIRE you to create your own personal challenge. I know she has INSPIRED me to get going with my quilting.
For those that say, 'I don't have time lately to quilt,' it is amazing to think that five (5) minutes spent on a quilting project, takes us five (5) minutes closer to finishing our projects. I know that I can squeeze in five minutes for quilting, how about you?
I would appreciate your input, to hear from individuals, so that I may know how to make meetings, programs, events, and projects something that you would want to attend and in which you would want to participate.
Now, I am "sew" excited to "leap" into 2016 and use that extra day as one more productive day for quilting.
SEW………. LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH, AND MOST OF ALL, QUILT.
The Bring List....
- bring your membership application and check for $20 to Bebe Tulley.
- bring your $$$ for Judson Retreat, 1/28-31, details in newsletter. See Cynthia
- bring all that Show & Tell from Christmas and New Years.
- bring items and monies for the *Birthday Table Extravaganza. (December & January Birthdays)
- bring /return your Survey Sheet to Elaine at the Birthday Table and *get One Free Ticket to use as a chance on any item. See.. your opinion is valuable. The Survey Sheet is sent as an attachment in the newsletter
- bring FQ's for A Wild Fat Quarter Drawing - Black and White prints (up to 4 Fat Quarters) (We will draw for multiple winners depending on how much participation there is.)
- bring & wear your Fiber Name Tag: You could win $20 !!
- bring Red/White/Blue fabric donations for TGQ to make kits for Quilts of Valor Sew Day, 2/6.