I would like to take this time to express my great joy and deep appreciation for the guild membership and the South Louisiana Quilt Community. Your generosity of spirit was expressed in your donation of time, talent, fabric, and energy that created these lovely Quilts of Valor, these quilts of comfort and tribute made for our local veterans. Your efforts far outstripped my humble expectations. The quilts were beautiful. The ceremony that Roxanne Brown conducted at the guild meeting was so touching. It was a heartfelt moment of a lifetime that we all could share.
I am also proud of my community, St. Gabriel. Its people take tremendous pride in our veterans and host a day of celebration and remembrance on Veterans Day. The mayor and the VFW, Post 312, were important contributors to the Feb. 6th, Quilts of Valor Sew Day. However, the most important component in this equation was All of You. Your participation made all of this possible.
As a local leader for the Quilts of Valor Foundation may I say that I find your volunteerism to be so extraordinary. You give freely of yourselves to pay tribute to these worthy men and women who have served our country so well. I cannot thank you enough.
The Veterans Ceremony for QOV was a fine tribute to the veterans at the March meeting. It was so very touching. It provides inspiration to sew and quilt for others.
My thanks to Elena for leading the (outdoor) meeting and my thanks to the membership for making the best of the situation. I made it back from Slidell in time to attend the al fresco gathering in the church courtyard. Thanks to our presenters, Sandy Mellinger, BeBe Tulley, and Debbie Hulett for their beautiful springtime quilts and items. The door keys are now up-to-date.
The GSQA Show was just exquisite, a splendid display of talent and creativity. Many of you talented quilters exhibited your works. Please bring your show quilts to this meeting and share your judge's comments with us. Tell us what you thought and tell us what you won.
SEW, dear ones, be inspired,……LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH, AND MOST OF ALL, QUILT.
THE BRING LIST
- bring all that Show & Tell. Tell us about the Paducah Quilt Show - what did you find?
- bring monies and sign up for Labor Day Retreat. see Cynthia; minimum 20 with deposits by the July meeting or it might have to be cancelled.
- bring items and monies for the Birthday Table Extravaganza.
- bring FQ's for Fat Quarter Drawing - "Dots" (up to 4 Fat Quarters)
- bring & wear your Fiber Name Tag: You could win $20 !!
- Reminder - the GSQA regular meeting is Sat., 4/30, at Mes Amis Shop in New Orleans @ 10 a.m.
- a Special bring - St. Paul's Ladies Auxiliary - has requested donations of Scraps, Batting, Stuffing, and Beanie Babies. The ladies are making "Flat Stanleys" for foreign mission trips. The beanie babies are small gifts to give to impoverished children who visit the mission. See Daisy.