On Sunday - Presentation of awards, ribbons, and Quilts of Valor at 2 PM.
(**the show closes before the Super Bowl LI starts at 5:30 p.m.)
Over 600 quilts on display - Many quilts were kindly donated from throughout the USA.
Scissor sharpening, door prizes, technique demonstrations, a raffle quilt, and hands-on participation in community service activities for children and adults.
Group Participation Activities:
- Kids Draw 4 Kids, - Block By Block Sit & Sew for Quilts of Valor, - Stuff-a-Bear,
- Grace Camp pillowcases, - Reading is Quilta-mental, and - Sewing Rocks demo.
For more pertinent information, go to http://www.thegivingquiltinc.org/about
- February 11th 2nd Saturday Sew Day
- 2nd Saturday Sew Day - is Growing in Size and Strength
- at St. Paul's Church, 9:30-3 pm.
- 3 local guilds meet to share the sew day: Remember Me Guild, River City Guild, and The Modern Quilt Guild congregate to share the work space.
Lori Steib, vice president of Remember Me and president of Modern Quilt, has an ambitious plan to promote interest and to expand the activities of our local quilt community. By providing a sewing opportunity that integrates differing quilt tastes and interests into group events. She hopes to make sew days a fellowship that will be a fulfilling quilting experience and better attended by combining memberships. There will be more quilters with better interaction with ideas and advice. Renew old friendships and make some new ones.