Tuesday, May 31, 2011

President's Message June 2011

Hello Fellow Quilters,

As I say that, I didn't feel much like a quilter this past month. Since early April, I've only managed to put a border on a quilt! I am finally over the jet lag and ready to get back in business. I keep reminding myself of all those UFO projects I listed in January. We best all get busy so we can get those numbers up!

We have another busy month ahead of us during June. Don't forget to bring $3 for a Kumihimo kit. You can pay Joyce. If you want to see more about this technique please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumihimo and some images http://www.google.com/search?q=kumihimo I have heard reports from members of the old Stitch Witches guild about how much they enjoyed Nancy's program. I know it's a bit out of the ordinary from "quilt related" programs, but thread is part of what we do and it promises to be a very fun and easy project!

AND.... Kathy Brown will display a mini trunk show of quilts prepared from her new book, Strip Smart, before they are shipped out for promotion.

WOW!!! Wasn't The Giving Quilt event spectacular!! It was great to see all those beautiful quilts. My thanks to all of you, for your generosity and volunteer spirit that made it a complete success.

Mark your calendars for Sat., June 11th. That is the new date for Paula Toups' Chenille Rug class.

So not to take away any more time from your sewing and mine, I'll sign off. Until next time, keep those machines humming!

Best regards, Jo Paula

Bring to the meeting:
  • Birthday Table
  • Choose JUST any 2 items from your sewing stash/room. Bring them for the AUCTION. Jo Doherty and Co. are ready and waiting in the parking lot to accept your donations. Baskets & containers welcome
  • YELP project (Lilly Willis) Bring your finished pet quilts
  • Show & Tell: please bring any quilts made with Kathy's ruler methods - like the ruler class from last year and any summer projects, and regular show & tell.
  • Fat Quarter Lotto: (See Suzi) "Asian fabrics - any kind - cotton or silk". Max. of 2.
  • Fiber Name Tag: Sign in. You could win a $10 gift certificate.