Can everyone take a deep breath and say WHEW! What a great start to the Spring season, Judy Laquidara's lecture and classes. Her lecture was fast paced and held everyone's interest. Amazing what removing one piece of fabric or adding a pieced border can do to a quilt.
The board is so pleased that the programs for the rest of the year are offering a wide variety for different skill levels. Suzanne Elliott, Beth Jessup and I will show you the POE block assembly for the program in May. We will have patterns to distribute and should surprise you on how easy these blocks are to make, even though they have a very complicated appearance!
For Show and Tell, don't forget to bring your Judy LaQuidara projects and any great finds from Paducah. Please don’t forget to bring your qBay and Birthday club items to help raise funds for St. Paul’s June installment.
My apologies for not responding to email but I will be visiting my oldest daughter in Vienna for the rest of the month of April, but will see you at the May 10th guild meeting.
Until then, keep those machines humming. Best regards, Jo Paula
p.s. – I'll report that the fabric shops I stopped in while in Vienna, Austria, had fabric for sale at 17 Euros per meter (a little more than a yard), which equates to $24 a yard. Obviously, I didn't find any fabric I just "had" to have!
- Birthday Table and qBay - (see Jo Doherty and Mary Wolf) *Remember that proceeds from this month’s birthday table go to the church to renovate the fellowship hall with new carpets, so bring some good stuff!
- donations for this year's auction. Jo Doherty and Co. are ready. Baskets and containers
- YELP project (Lilly Willis) Bring your finished pet quilts. Any questions call 753 1108.
- Show & Tell: Bring your Judy LaQuidara class work and regular show & tell.
- Fat Quarter Lotto: (See Suzi) "Batiks in Blue or Purple," like iris in Springtime. Max. of 2.
- Fiber Name Tag: Sign in. You could win a $10 gift certificate.