Hello Guild Friends,
I hope this note finds you and your loved ones safe, dry, and with utilities and your celebrations of Labor Day without mishap. It had been horrific this past week.
Before the storm it was good to get a little relief from the heat. We enjoyed some time playing with the grand babies and gardening. My citrus trees made it through the hot summer and I look forward to satsumas this fall!! I am very excited to meet Karen Stone and hear her lecture next week. Her quilt designs are a beautiful combination of traditional and modern styles.
Just FYI, we will postpone the "First & Favorite" quilters for September & October. These meetings will be very full and I will do my best to cover the business portion of the meeting quickly.
Remember, October and November meetings are 2nd Thursdays of the month rather than the 1st.
**Retreat News** I have been in close contact with Lori at the Feliciana Retreat Center. She said the camp often loses power during any type of windy storm situation and is without power for several days. She fully anticipates the Center will be out for a week. The power companies will work to restore residential power before they work on a camp in the woods. She and I worked out an alternate weekend that is available to us, Friday, October 5th thru Sunday, October 7th.
Joyce is prepared to give full refunds for those of you who cannot transition to the rescheduled date.
I'm so sad for this change in date. This would have been our largest retreat event ever.
Hope to see you all next Thursday.
The Bring List:
- bring $$ for Board quilt raffles
- bring Fat Quarters for F.Q. Lotto - Pumpkin Orange or Black - Boo, it's nearly Halloween
- bring/wear your Fiber Name Tag: Sign in. You could win a $10 gift certificate or cash.
- bring your Show and Tell to share
- bring your items and stories from the shop shop for Show and Tell
- bring your items for the Birthday Table
- bring your finished spool blocks for a chance to win them all
- bring your finished Christmas Lotto Blocks to get more chances to win
- bring donated Auction items, baskets, etc., see Jackie Wood and Maureen Miller*note: auction donation deadline is Sept. 15th !! This is the last meeting before auction.River City's Auction is October 11th