Mary Woltmann, president, welcome, 39 members, 7 guests > 5 new members
- introduction of guests
- a thank-you gift for Thelma Berg
- Retreat news - date set for Sept 4th, 1st weekend in Feb. 2010, this time of year will be established as an annual guild retreat. Cynthia will order Lynn Roddy Brown books for those who want them.
- Kathy Perevosnik has photos of retreat on her computer.
- UFO Challenge
- New voting methods - tweaking of voting methods, 2 ballots, white and orange
- Greeter position - Joni DeVilbiss
- Tote/Purse class info
- Road trip info - to Scrap Happy in Kenner and the Quilting Niche in Houma - sign up sheet
- GSQA classes are still available
- Next month's program - Barbara Hoffman will make presentation on Sewing Studio layouts - if you have some process or useful item to share, please contact her.
- Lynn Roddy Brown workshop - No sew-in date, conflicts with seminar
- Scrap Challenge - Packets distributed
- Lilly Willis won the fat quarters drawing.
- Cheryl Marts won the Name Tag gift certificate.
- Birthday raffle - 5 gifts. winners: Merlene, Linda W., Beverly, Tracey, and Mary W.
SHOW & TELL: See the pictures
- Beth Jessup - a black & white quilt w/ turquoise, colorful sewing machine pad w/snippet bag, retreat quilt won best of show and children's choice awards
- Tommie Morden - had her 1st great grandchild, "Paradise Garden", tote, convertible tote
- Barbara Lankford - used Alaskan fabrics in quilt for great nephew
- Margie Bumm - sister-in-law quilt was finished in 4 days - used a new pattern, Turning 20 with sashing. Took class with Cindy Blackburn - an 8-pointed star
- Linda Wiggins - panel quilt for new grandbaby. Flag wall hanging made in purple and gold colors
- Merlene Lewis - blue work and red work quilts w/bow tie borders for grandsons. redwork sweetheart blocks w/heart borders. Sunbonnet Sues, Nursery rhyme fabrics in 8-pointed stars, blocks with ribbon border.
- Joanna Wilson - took a Linda Wiggins sampler class that she entered in GSQA beginner category - won 3rd
- Glenda Parks - 1) Thimbleberry quilt 2) Paula Toups class on Cotton Theory 3) Quilt University on-line class transferred pictures
- JoPaula Lantier - sewing machine mat/snippet bag, Fat Quarter tote, Big block stars quilt
- Janet Cundiff - Swamp Exhibit piece was a spotted Forrester caterpillar, a 2-block batik quilt
- Cynthia Mcgee - pattern: Take 3 w/ fat quarters, Fons & Porter fan block on point
- Thelma Berg - scrap quilt with sawtooth sash and borders, Hunter's star from Gayle Wallace class, Attic Windows with appliqued tigers emerging from panes. Useful gadget - moustache trimmer from Walgreen's used as seam ripper.
- Mary Woltmann - pumpkin quilt