Saturday, March 28, 2009

President's Message April 2009

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone has had a good quilting month! I know that I did! I had a full week of quilting and sewing while visiting a good friend in Virginia. We got a lot done, but nowhere near what was on our 'to-do" list!

I think we are looking forward to hear your reports on Seminar--classes and vendors!
March 21st was National Quilt Day - that was the date of our first 2009 River City Guild Road Trip and it was a lot of fun!! Nine quilters visited the Quilting Niche in Houma, Scrap Happy in Kenner, and even a JoAnn Fabrics store. I think we are ready to plan another fun-filled road trip--Lafayette, maybe?


We have a great program!!! Barbara Hoffman will present a slide show on sewing rooms. I can't wait to see it!! Thanks to everyone who has helped make this feature such a success. I think we will enjoy it and get some awesome ideas to implement in our personal sewing spaces.
I will try not to be too envious of all these innovative applications for a sewing studio. --My "sewing room" is a corner of a bedroom, a limited and "shared" space.

For April, we continue our focus on themed quilts. Please bring examples of Civil War and 30's quilts. And, last but not least, a new River City Quilt Guild surprise!!

Can't wait,

Mary


Things to bring to the meeting:
~~ bring the April birthday raffle gift - see Barbara Hoffman
~~ bring Civil War and 30's reproduction quilts to hang for show & tell.
~~ F Q Lotto "Small to Medium florals" - blossoms, blossoms everywhere. 2 entries are the max.
~~ bring your class work and tell us about your GSQA seminar class